Works on site continue to progress well to deliver the initial two phases of 300 affordable homes with Cruden Group with an anticipated completion of the first homes in Summer 2024.
We are currently delivering 425 affordable homes across 3 phases for Wheatley Homes East, part of Wheatley Group, within the overall 1700 new homes at West Craigs on the western edge of Edinburgh.
Our team have rigorously considered the design details to create great neighbourhoods and buildings that will have a positive impact on their users and the wider community.
– Strong focus on strategic cycle routes.
– Easy connections to tram and rail network.
– All houses are designed to larger-than-usual space standards providing flexibility and options for adaptation.
– 4 of the flatted blocks are designed specifically for older people or those with additional support needs.
– Use of native species, particularly within hedgerows to encourage small bird and insect colonisation.
– Large areas of wildflower seeding to open public spaces to encourage insect life.